FAITH THAT LEADS.
At Hillcrest Academy we believe Jesus is the center of our faith. Community is the center of our lives, and reconciliation is the center of our work.
The values of understanding God’s unconditional love, respect for others, and a humble attitude of service are an integral part of the Hillcrest Academy educational experience.
Because of our holistic view of faith, we offer many specific and intentional activities to highlight the spiritual dimension of life. Hillcrest Academy students attend chapel four times a week, meet one day a week in small groups, and take a theology/Bible class each year. However, the faith component of our student’s experience is not limited to Bible class or chapels—it is woven throughout our academic curriculum and extracurricular activities.
Students and faculty come from a variety of Christian congregations. Our teachers, curriculum, and chapels emphasize a personal relationship with God, salvation through faith, and a commitment to following the life and teachings of Jesus. Our students represent 22 different churches across 7 denominations. We are 62% Mennonite and 38% non-Mennonite. That diversity creates a wonderful opportunity to learn from one another! Our holistic view of Christian faith comes from the Mennonite/Anabaptist tradition. You can learn more about Mennonite Church USA here.
- All people are created in God’s image. -Genesis 1:26-27
- God’s gift of life makes individuals unique and gives them infinite worth. -Ephesians 2:10, Luke 12:7
- God’s purpose in creation is that all people have a personal relationship with God. -John 1:12-13
- The way to God is through Jesus Christ. This individual choice to follow Jesus is the foundation of our lives and has eternal value. -John 3:16-18, John 14:5-7, I Corinthians 3:11
- God calls us to live by the standard modeled by Jesus Christ. -Hebrews 12:2-3, Matthew 16:24
- The Bible as the Word of God is the ultimate teaching tool for life. -II Timothy 3:14-17, Hebrews 4:12
- God calls us to lovingly share our faith. -II Corinthians 5:18-19, Matthew 28:19-20, Matthew 5:13-16
- Parents, supported by the church, have the primary responsibility to teach these foundational Christian truths and values to their children. -Proverbs 22:6, Deuteronomy 6:4-9
- Learning is a life-long process; education provides tools for learning. -II Timothy 2:15, Romans 12:2
- The Hillcrest Academy community of students, faculty, staff, parents and church is mutually accountable to uphold the purpose of Hillcrest. -II Timothy 3:14-15, Romans 12:3-13, I Corinthians 12: 12-13