Areas We Serve
Hillcrest Academy is home to students from many different communities surrounding Iowa City. Our expansive 40-acre campus located in Kalona features innovative learning spaces and exceptional facilities where students develop their unique passions. These include:
- Multimillion dollar, 557-seat performing arts center
- Visual arts center with gallery
- State-of-the-art chemistry and physics laboratory
- Fully-furnished wood and machine shop
- Student-managed greenhouse and fruit tree orchard
- Ample classroom space for our faculty to deliver high-quality instruction
- Sprawling athletic complex includes a historic gymnasium, soccer field, softball field, baseball field, cinder track, weight room, and a 17-acre timber complete with running trails.
Families love that our school is situated in a safe, country setting but just a short, easy drive in from the metropolitan area. Shuttle service is provided to Iowa City and Washington communities.
Where Our Students Are From
Hillcrest Academy currently has enrolled students from the following areas:
- Iowa City
- North English
- North Liberty
Why Families Choose Hillcrest
Parents who choose Hillcrest are looking for an environment where their teen will be known well and given individualized attention through the ever-important high school years. With a 5:1 student-to-teacher ratio, every student is taught and mentored with great intentionality. We offer an academically rigorous program that prepares students to thrive in college and a wide variety of extracurricular offerings. Last but certainly not least, students learn to apply Biblical truth and integrate their faith in every aspect of their lives, which prepares them for an increasingly complex world.
Ready to Learn More?
This is just a high-level overview of who we serve and what we have to offer students in grades 9-12. We encourage you to download our Info Packet for a more in-depth look at our mission, school culture, and offerings. You can also contact us at any time to ask questions or schedule a private tour. We look forward to hearing from you!