Middle School at Hillcrest Academy
The middle school of Hillcrest Academy seeks to share the love of Jesus in a collaborative, joyful learning environment where all students are known and loved. Through a variety of rigorous learning experiences, students will grow their self-confidence, express themselves and experience a deep sense of belonging.middle school purpose statement
During this season of extraordinary growth, you understand how important it is for your child to be at a place where they feel known and loved. Your child will be forming their identity as they learn to embrace their unique talents and interests, and you want to offer them the best learning experience.
The middle school of Hillcrest Academy seeks to share the love of Jesus in a collaborative, joyful learning environment where all students are known and loved. Through a variety of rigorous learning experiences, students will grow their self-confidence, express themselves and experience a deep sense of belonging.
Our private Christian middle school program serves families in the greater Kalona, Iowa area and is purposefully designed to prepare your child to move on to high school with confidence. Below, you’ll find a brief overview of what we offer, including:
- School Culture
- Hillcrest Distinctives
- High School Prep
Building a culture of respect
Middle school can be a challenging season as pre-teens learn to navigate conflict and build healthy relationships. We guide our students through this process creating an environment where they can:
- Honor themselves and each other. We intentionally craft an experience rooted in the teachings of Christ and the Anabaptist faith tradition. Students discover how God’s unconditional love will encourage them to honor and serve one another.
- Grow in self-confidence. When students feel known and loved by God, their teachers, and their classmates, it’s amazing what they can do. Small class sizes allow them to build confidence, express themselves, and experience a deep sense of belonging.
- Develop strong character. Classroom instruction is designed to prepare students for a lifetime of Christian discipleship, peacemaking, and service.
- Be inspired to reach their potential. Learner-centered resources empower students to achieve more than they imagined through inquiry, curiosity, and wonder.
I’m overjoyed that my young children will get to experience Hillcrest Academy at the middle school level. Especially at that crucial age, I want them to be part of a school where they feel safe and loved. Being not only a future parent, but also an operating board member, we’ve felt huge waves of energy and support from community members wanting to volunteer or donate or send their kids. It feels clear that now is the right time for this new beginning!– Allison (Brenneman ’02) Goertz
Middle School Distinctives
- Experiential, Dynamic Coursework
- Through academic content designed with the child at the core, students develop crucial life skills as they sharpen their thinking, explore their creativity, and learn to evaluate sources and synthesize information more effectively.
- Whole-Child Development
- Our students’ mental, social, and emotional well-being is a top priority. Your child will benefit from interactions with teachers and peers in an encouraging classroom and have opportunities to connect with high schoolers throughout the year.
- Learner-Centric Approach
- A learner-centered curriculum is designed to spark interest and help middle schoolers become more active participants in the learning process. This approach increases engagement and allows students to begin taking ownership of their education experience.
Setting them up for success — today and tomorrow.
Everything we do at Hillcrest Academy is designed to help your child thrive. The result? Our middle school graduates will be confident, responsible individuals who are ready for high school.
- Growing in Independence
- In middle school, students have the opportunity to express their learning and ideas in ways that are meaningful to them. They are encouraged to set goals as they prepare for high school; where they will dive deeper into special interests, form life-changing relationships, and begin to claim their faith as their own.
- Faith that Leads
- Just thinking about high school can be overwhelming to any teenager. What better way to prepare your middle schooler than right now. You can be confident that your child will feel welcome, included, and safe within the Hillcrest Academy community. At the middle school of Hillcrest Academy, the biblical principles we teach will biblical principles are integrated into everything we do – from curriculum to classroom routines of our students’ lives.
- Community for Life
- At Hillcrest Academy, students and families find a sense of community that is tough to find anywhere else. Your middle schooler has the wonderful opportunity to take advantage of the community that many students have experienced at the high school over several decades.
Dear Parent, we’re delighted your family is exploring Hillcrest Academy. As a parent, you know that quality education is one of the most important gifts you will ever give to your children. We are excited to launch our new middle school program! At Hillcrest, your child will be a part of a community that truly cares for each student at a personal level. Your child’s confidence will grow as they grasp academic concepts and develop a joy for learning. Students find our classrooms engaging and the teaching is informed by the Anabaptist faith tradition. Please keep reading to learn about our school. We would love to answer any questions you might have along the way!Dwight Gingerich, Principal
See for Yourself
Schedule an on-campus tour and see first-hand why families choose Hillcrest Academy High School for their kids. Contact Rebecca Beachy Miller, Director of Enrollment at 319-656-2073 x 20 or email@example.com.