BASEBALL & SOFTBALL 2020 RETURN TO PLAY GUIDELINES
The Governor of Iowa, the Iowa Department of Education, and Iowa Athletic Associations have created expectations for competition, effective June 15, 2020. Check the baseball and softball team pages for updated schedules and further details. And please be mindful of these along with other school and conference guidelines prior to and while attending 2020 home baseball and softball games.
- Spectators are asked to select seating that allows for proper social distancing between households.
- Spectators will be prohibited from congregating near or around dugouts or behind the screen surrounding home plate.
- Spectators must not attend if they have symptoms of illness.
- Spectators must provide their own hand sanitizer.
- No concessions stands are permitted. Spectators must bring their own water/beverage to consume during and after games. No shared drinking fountains, water stations, hoses, or coolers will be used.
- No spitting is allowed, including spitting of sunflower seeds/shells.
- Players, coaches, trainers and umpires are the only people allowed in the dugouts. While in dugouts, these people must maintain social-distancing; therefore, dugouts will be extended along the outside of the fence.
- Health and safety remain our priority; thus, every player, coach, and spectator must make the best decision for him or her with regard to participating or attending a game.
- Signs will be posted at each facility with these reminders.
PLEASE NOTE: The Southeast Iowa Super Conference (SEISC) Board of Control voted to change Varsity admission prices to $5 for everyone (including students). Please attend games with proper change as much as possible to protect the health and safety of gate takers.